First is the recipe as given to me.
This is the recipe with my notes.
I added more cream cheese cause I felt like there just wasn't much "sauce". So then I added a little more of the salsa verde and a squeeze more of the lime. These ended up a bit spicy for me. Good, but a bit on the spicy side. Jeremy agreed and he has a higher tolerance for spicy than I do. I assumed that the reason they seemed so was the cumin so I wrote the change from 1/2 to 1/4 tsp. Then, just now, I decided to check my salsa verde bottle, I used a "medium" salsa verde (as opposed to mild) so it may have just been that. Or a combination. I really don't know if cumin is "spicy" or not. If you know, leave a comment and share your knowledge with us all. We made it through them with plenty of sour cream.
I ended up with 12 taquitos filling most of them with 2 Tbsp of filling. I would definitely make this again. They were good, I'll just use a mild salsa verde.
I forgot to take a picture when I made them Monday night so this is my leftovers reheated for lunch today. :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment