Monday, December 21, 2015

Greek Quesadillas

I started using a service this year called emeals. They give you a week long menu plan WITH a shopping list and you can choose from tons of different meal plan types. Family friendly, 2 person, crock pot meals, diabetic friendly etc. I tried this one today for lunch and it was not a big hit with my kids, but I enjoyed it. I thought that a lot of my siblings would probably enjoy it too so, I thought I'd share it. The first time emeals called for Greek seasoning I ended up just googling it and mixing together my own. I don't have a clue what recipe I used. I probably did a mix of different recipes I found.

Greek Quesadillas

1 Tbsp butter
1/4 tsp Greek seasonings
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 (2.25 oz.) can sliced black olives
1/3 (8 oz.) pkg. sliced mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
3 oz. feta cheese crumbles
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas

Melt butter in a large skillet and add Greek seasonings. Toss in sliced red pepper and onion. Sauté until just crisp tender. Add chopped spinach and heat to wilt, tossing with peppers and onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide the spinach, onion, red peppers, black olives, sliced cheese and feta on one side of each of the tortillas. Fold empty side of tortilla over filling. Brown each side in a large greased skillet until cheese is melted. Cut in wedges and serve.

The dinner meals (I haven't tried their lunch, breakfast or dessert menus) always include a side. This one recommends serving with pita chips and tzaziki sauce.

Tzaziki Sauce
2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup shredded peeled cucumber
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
Dash garlic salt
Stir together ingredients, chill until ready to use. Serve with quesadillas and chips.


P.s. I'm currently using the Budget Friendly Plan for 2 because my kids aren't huge eaters and it's easy enough to figure what I'll need more of. The meals tend to be on the simple side for budget sake. Sometimes I have to doctor for flavor. But I didn't with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment