Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chewy Granola Bars

Chewy Granola Bars

3 cups rolled oats
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup oil

Combine ingredients until well mixed. Add 1 cup chocolate chips/raisins(/anything you'd like really) if desired. Press into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.


This is another recipe from my Christmas gift from my sister-in-law, Kim. The first time I made it I didn't mix it very well and it didn't turn out as good. As far as any add ins, I say use as much as you'd like. I never measure with that sort of thing. (Like chocolate chips in chocolate chip cookies. Add to taste I say.) My personal favorite is a mix of peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. If you helped Kristi and Chuck move then you may have had the chance to try these. I, for some reason, can't stop myself from eating these when I make them. I find them a bit addicting.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment